Laboratory of Protein Metabolism at the International Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Dr. Wojciech Pokrzywa, seeks motivated Research Specialist to join a project that aims to understand how the ubiquitin-proteasome system modulates nucleolus function as a protein quality control compartment using the methods of cell biology, imaging, and biophysics. The position is funded by the FIRST TEAM grant (POIR.04.04.00-00-5EAB/18-00) awarded by Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) entitled: "The regulation of methionine metabolism by the ubiquitin-proteasome system".
As a Research Specialist: Under direct supervision, you will be responsible for providing critical cell culture support. The expected work includes mammalian cell culture, cell biology, and molecular biology experiments.
- Maintain a mammalian cell culture laboratory;
- Perform cell-based assays using spectrophotometric, fluorescent, and microscopic methods, transfection, screen for mycoplasma;
- Performing routine cell banking and cell line maintenance to support cell-based bioassays;
- Prepare reagents (including growth media);
- Conducting molecular biology experiments;
- Plan and document experiments;
- Contribute to data analyses and interpretation;
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks and achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/institute/hr-excellence
The laboratory is located in the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (www.iimcb.gov.pl) – one of the top-ranked (A+) Polish research institutes that provide a stimulating and interdisciplinary research environment and opportunities of the large biomedical campus. Research topics at IIMCB cover the wide area of structural biology, bioinformatics, computer modeling, molecular and cell biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, and developmental genomics (zebrafish model). The Institute is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, has excellent core facilities and supportive administration. IIMCB benefits from numerous generous funding schemes for basic research through grants from international and national sources www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/grants).
Requirements for the candidate:
- Holds BSc or MSc degree in pharmacology, chemistry, biochemistry, biology, or related discipline;
- Has previous lab experience in a biological laboratory;
- Experience preparing reagents and dilutions;
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability and integrity ;
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions;
- Good planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Previous experience performing molecular biology or cellular assays including immunohistochemistry, Western blot, PCR, cell culture is a plus;
- Computer skills including data management, word processing, Excel;
- A demonstrated proficiency in keeping detailed notes, files and records organized;
- A strong, diligent work ethic;
- The candidate should be able to perform tasks autonomously.
- Full employment contract initially for 12 months with a possible extension of 6 months
- Gross monthly salary* 5400 PLN/approx. 3895 PLN net (* Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary after working for the Institute for six months in a given calendar year, or Christmas bonus may supplement this salary)
- Benefits including a reduced-rate for an individual private medical care package and membership in MultiSport programme
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
The deadline for applications is 05.02.2021. Job starting date is as soon as possible after this date.
How to apply:
- Apply now to email@example.com
- In the subject include "RS FirstTeam_Pokrzywa" and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and contain a CV, a motivation letter, and contacts to at least two potential referees, including one of your supervisors.
- Please include the following statement in your Curriculum vitae: "I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process." Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/pl/information-clause
- The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate fulfills all requirements is found.