Research Assistant position in the Laboratory of RNA Biology – ERA Chairs Group (Research Assistant LRB)
The Laboratory of RNA Biology – ERA Chairs Group https://bit.ly/3F3BPsG at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB) headed by Prof. Andrzej Dziembowski, is inviting applications for a Research Assistant.
You will join the Team of the Research Task entitled “Horizon for Excellence in messenger RNA applications in immunoOncology” (WIB-1/2020-O11) financed by the Virtual Research Institute (WIB) from the Polish Science Fund. The primary objective of this Research Team is to develop a highly effective therapeutic mRNA design and apply it for cancer immunotherapy. The Research Task will be carried out by a team of scientists from the IIMCB (coordinator), the University of Warsaw, the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences and the Medical University of Warsaw.
As a Research Assistant, you will be responsible for the analysis of mRNA vaccine prototypes in primary cell cultures. Role in the Research Task: Technical Support.
Requirements for the candidate:
- Holds MSc or PhD (preferably in biological sciences or a related discipline).
- Has expertise in primary cell cultures and/or with transgenic mice models.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and ability to work independently and in a high-performance team.
- Has the ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally and in writing.
- Is commitment, reliability, accuracy and timeliness in the implementation of tasks.
- Has analytical and forward thinking skills.
- Has to comply with the non-compete policy in accordance with the WIB Program guidelines.
- Experience in laboratory work, in particular of the techniques used in the project.
- Precision and accuracy in laboratory work as well as in tasks related to documentation of experiments and administrative aspects of conducting research.
- Soft skills - command of English, cover letter, communication skills, ability to work in a team, willingness to learn new things and take on challenges, ability to work independently and to think analytically.
Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/3fNRBN8.
- Full employment contract initially for 6 months and extending up to 5 years or more (if an extension is granted).
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual private medical care package and membership in the MultiSport programme.
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel.
- Participation in courses, scientific trainings and support from peers.
Deadline for applications is October 31st, 2022, with a proviso:
The Recruitment Committee will review submitted applications after every 14 calendar days starting from May 1, 2022. Candidates who meet the formal and merit requirements will be invited for interviews, which will take place online. In case of selection of a candidate who fulfills the requirements of the competition, the recruitment process will be terminated earlier than indicated above.
How to apply:
- Apply now to email@example.com.
- In the subject include "LRB Research Assistant WIB" and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV, a motivation letter with description of your key achievements, and contact details (e-mail and telephone number) of least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisor.
- Please include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/2QWu83X.