The International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines (IMol) Polish Academy of Sciences, was constituted in December 2020, in partnership with University Medical Center Göttingen, Germany and University of Warsaw, Poland.
IMol has been established to conduct scientific research and provide training in the fields of biological, chemical, medical, biotechnological, bioinformatics, biophysical, pharmacological, and similar sciences, in the international environment conducive to collaborative efforts, research and development interactions with biotechnological industry, and wide dissemination of our results.
We aim at the development of solutions that will help everyone on this planet live a safer life.
Currently IMol is seeking for highly motivated candidates for a position of:
Proteomics specialist - technical specialist
Located: Warsaw, Poland
Key responsibilities include:
• Performing day-to-day technical operations on the LC- MS/MS system (Dionex Ultimate 3000 nano LC system with an off- line fraction collector, Q-Exactive HF-X orbitrap mass spectrometer),
• Proteomic sample preparation according to established protocols,
• Participation in the development of sample preparation protocols and analytical methods,
• Acquisition of data (and basic data analysis),
• Keeping record of the instrument usage and downtime,
• Working with service contract providers to restore operations of the LC-MS/MS system in a timely manner (in case of a temporal system breakage),
• Overseeing the stock of materials and supplies and purchasing replacements to allow continuous operation of the Proteomics Core Facility.
• Attractive salary adequate to presented skills and experience,
• Professional growth,
• Stable employment,
• Possibility of co-authorships of publications in scientific journals.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
• MSc or PhD in chemistry, biochemistry or biology,
• Experience in mass spectrometry based proteomics is preferred,
• Good time management and organizational skills,
• Good command of English,
• Willing to learn numerous sample preparation protocols and the apply them routinely and when requested provide demonstrations to interested scientist within the Institute,
• Willing to learn and then participate in data analysis,
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team.
Required documents (in English):
• Cover letter
• Reference contracts
If you think you are person who we looking for, please send your documents to the following address: