Postdoctoral Researcher position in the Laboratory of RNA Biology – ERA Chairs Group
The Laboratory of RNA Biology – ERA Chairs Group https://bit.ly/3F3BPsG at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (IIMCB) headed by Prof. Andrzej Dziembowski is inviting applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher.
You will join the Team of the Research Task entitled “Horizon for Excellence in messenger RNA applications in immunoOncology” (WIB-1/2020-O11) financed by the Virtual Research Institute (WIB) from the Polish Science Fund. The primary objective of this Research Task is to develop a highly effective therapeutic mRNA design and apply it for cancer immunotherapy. The Research Task will be carried out by a team of scientists from the IIMCB (coordinator), the University of Warsaw, the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences and the Medical University of Warsaw.
As a Postdoctoral Researcher, you will be involved in the analysis and designing of mRNA vaccine prototypes. Role in the Research Task: Junior Researcher.
Requirements for the candidate:
- Holds PhD (or will defend before the start date of employment) in biological sciences or related fields.
- Has solid knowledge and documented laboratory experience in experience in RNA biology, especially RNA decay, translation or transcriptomics.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, and ability to work independently and in a high-performance team.
- Has the ability to draft (in English) scientific papers for academic journals.
- Has the ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally and in writing.
- Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented during at least one international conference).
- Has published at least one publication as the first author in an international peer-reviewed journal
- Has to comply with the non-compete policy in accordance with the WIB Program guidelines.
- Technical competence, experience and fit of the expertise to the position.
- Scientific achievements - publications, awards, grants, etc.
- Soft skills – command of English language, motivation letter, communication skills, teamwork, likelihood to fit to the group, compatibility of plans for individual development with the goals of the group.
Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research strategy https://bit.ly/3fNRBN8.
- Full employment contract initially for 6 months and extending up to 5 years or more (if an extension is granted).
- Competitive salary.
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations).
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual private medical care package and membership in the MultiSport programme.
- Full technical, administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel.
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring.
Deadline for applications is October 31st, 2022, with a proviso:
The Recruitment Committee will review submitted applications after every 14 calendar days starting from May 1, 2022. Candidates who meet the formal and merit requirements will be invited for interviews, which will take place online. In case of selection of a candidate who fulfills the requirements of the competition, the recruitment process will be terminated earlier than indicated above.
How to apply:
- Apply now to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject include "LRB Postdoc WIB" and your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain a CV including a full list of publications, a motivation letter with description of your key achievements, and contact details(e-mail and telephone number) of least two potential referees, including one of your direct supervisor.
- Please include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/2QWu83X.
The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.