The Laboratory of RNA Biology – ERA Chairs Group at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Professor Andrzej Dziembowski, is looking for Postdoctoral Fellow.
Laboratory interest: Research of the Laboratory of RNA Biology – ERA Chairs Group focuses on the regulation of gene expression at the posttranscriptional level. We are currently studying RNA biology at the organismal level using transgenic mouse lines as a main research model. More info can be found at: https://bit.ly/3hLRu6X
As a Postdoctoral Researcher: you will be responsible for the experimental work on animal models.
The ideal candidate should be able to pursue challenging tasks, think independently, achieve objectives and collaborate with other researchers. Candidates will be selected in an open competition, according to the procedure complying with the rules of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers as a part of HR Excellence in Research Strategy https://bit.ly/3xQ90fX
Requirements for the candidate:
- PhD in biology, medical sciences or a related area at the moment of starting the job
- Documented extensive experience in animal models and/or molecular biology
- Expertise and technical competence in designing and carrying out scientific experiments and in interpreting their results
- Proactive approach to achieving objectives, good interpersonal skills, collaborative and adaptive attitude
- Very good organizational skills
- Very good command of English (written and oral communication)
- Experience in RNA biochemistry will be a strong advantage
- Full-time contract (“umowa o pracę”)
- Extension and increased funding available, depending on successful performance and grant/fellowship proposals
- ~8500 PLN/month of total gross remuneration cost, i.e., expected net salary at ~6000 PLN/month, with social security (the final monthly gross salary will be calculated individually during the employment process, taking into account the length of service). Additional bonuses such as the 13th salary after working for the Institute for six months in a given calendar year, or Christmas bonus may supplement this salary.
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
- Benefits including reduced-rate for an individual medical care package and membership in MultiSport program
- Participation in courses, scientific training, support from peers, and academic mentoring
- Administrative and organizational support from professional English-speaking personnel
The deadline for applications is August 8th, 2021 (but can be prolonged if no suitable candidates are found). Job starting date is September 2021 (it will also depend on the current epidemiological situation).
How to apply:
- Apply now (before the deadline of August 8th, 2021) to: email@example.com
- In the subject include your first and last name.
- Your application must be submitted in English and should contain: 1) a CV, 2) a cover letter including a short description of your key achievements and explicit responses to the following questions: What are your scientific interests and how do they relate to requirements of the position offered? What are your key strengths? What do you know about our laboratory and why do you want to work with us?, 3) contacts to at least two potential referees, including your MSc (or PhD) supervisor. At this stage, please do not attach copies of diplomas, etc.
- Please include the following statement in your CV: “I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data, included in the application documents by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, 4 Księcia Trojdena Street, 02-109 Warsaw, for the purpose of carrying out the current recruitment process.” Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of the recruitment procedure by the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw. Full information is available under the link https://bit.ly/3eQLXdB . Best candidate(s) may be given additional questions and tasks as a part of the recruitment process.
The competition may be extended or repeated until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements is found.
This recruitment is supported by the MOSaIC project funded from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement no 810425.