The role reports to: Deputy director for research and development
Salary: 6.000-8.000 PLN gross, negotiable
Level of the role: we are open for candidates with all levels of experience. Your skills and predispositions will determine whether we will offer you an entry level (lab manager) or more senior position (laboratory staff manager). This will also be reflected in your salary.
- Supporting group leaders and scientists in the organisation of laboratory work,
- Technical supervision and maintenance of devices (contact with service companies etc.),
- Ensuring effective communication between laboratory staff, researchers and administration,
- Keeping track of the resources and infrastructure of the institute's laboratories and the operation of all basic laboratory equipment,
- Document and information flow management, incl. the process of approving expenses,
- Organisation of laboratory space in cooperation with research group leaders,
- Providing researchers with equipment and materials necessary to conduct research (e.g. apparatus, laboratory materials),
- Content supervision over the scientific part of the tender (public procurement) documentation,
- Cooperation with suppliers providing services and supplying equipment, reagents, etc. for laboratories,
- Assistance in the selection and description of equipment (along with the infrastructure coordinator) during preparation of grant applications,
- Conducting basic training covering work in laboratories and use of all basic devices for all new employees and students of the organisation,
- Creation of protocols for equipment operation, health and safety procedures for the use of the laboratory, preparation of standard, common materials and reagents,
- Assistance in the creation of applications for the establishment of a Genetic Engineering Plant and permits for the contained use of GMOs and GMMs and isotope workshop.
- Assistance in creating new Core Facilities.
If you are:
- A specialist in the field of biotechnology, biology, chemistry or similar (PhD degree would be an asset),
- Experienced in a laboratory work,
- Can communicate both with the worlds: of scientists and administration,
- Fluent user of both English and Polish,
- Can-do person, proactive and problem-solving,
- Self-time management and organisation expert,
- Good with numbers and data sheets,
and you prefer to start work early (this is not mandatory but preferred)
... you are invited to apply.
We already got for you:
- Employment contract proposal,
- Attractive salary,
- Private medical insurance,
- Interesting and challenging work in an international environment.
For more information please contact