AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world.
Throughout 2017 the business has been moving to a new Finance Operating model including the establishment of IFS with services delivered from 3 regional centres in Kuala Lumpur, Costa Rica and Warsaw. As this has been a significant transition of roles from all SET areas and all regions, AZ has utilised experienced external experts to date however the Finance Operating Model will continue to evolve and change over the medium and long term. This is anticipated to involve ongoing transitions both into and out of IFS and GFO as well as the transition of activities between centres. With the introduction of GBS there will also be a need to manage transitions for new services potentially wider than the Finance function. The focus to date has been very much on the lift and shift of activities but over the next few years the focus will turn to driving transformation through the Operating Model. AZ therefore need to build an internal capability that can lead and support future transitions as well as execute change. We are looking Transition Manager to work within the Finance Transformation team in the short term (12 to 18 months) to build their skills and transition and change experience. In the longer term this role will form part of the GBS organisation and will deliver ongoing transitions as well as support and deliver other improvement projects.
• Understand and analyse change required and prepare cost v benefit analysis and options for delivery
• Prepare detailed project plans
• Prepare and present solutions or options to meet business needs
• Work with IFS, GFO and the wider business to plan and deliver change
• Prioritise between initiatives
• Understand the people impacts of any change and work with HR to execute.
• Understand the facilities impact of any change and work with Real Estate and IT to resolve
• Track progress and resolve issues
• Identify blockers and escalate appropriately
• Report on progress by preparing status reports, attending governance meetings etc
• Prepare resource plans and work with external parties to support peaks of activity.
• Understand performance issues and training needs and work with individuals to resolve
• Identify, manage and educate stakeholders
• Scope work requiring external support and work collaborative with external parties when required
• Replan work when required
Skills & experience
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Project based mindset
• Ability to work globally and across different SET areas and functions
• Demonstrate the ability to plan and scope projects especially transitions
• Comfortable working both indsdependently and as part of the team
• Keen to learn and dexvelop new skills
• Willing to travel occasionally as required
• Work with the business to understand the business drivers for change and prioritise appropriately
• Ability to anticipate problems, develop solutions / options and implement them
• Strong communication skills and the ability to hold the line regarding standard models rather than take the path of least resistance.
• Meet deadlines for all project deliverables with speed and accuracy
• Ability to arbitrate between different areas of the business
• Comfortable with change
• Willing to take ownership for his/her work and challenge the status quo
• Ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships, internally and externally and communicate effectively
• Resilient and ability to work under pressure
• Strong powerpoint and excel skills
• Knowledge of finance and / or previously worked in Finance department of a large organization advantageous