at the Laboratory of Protein Structure of
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MOLECULAR AND CELL BIOLOGY
Laboratory of Protein Structure seeks a researcher with a PhD degree to study the mechanisms of DNA repair. The salary is funded in frame of National Science Centre MAESTRO grant.
Laboratory of Protein Structure focuses on structural and biochemical studies of nucleic acid enzymes using protein crystallography and cryo-electron microscopy as a primary methods. More information can be found at https://www.iimcb.gov.pl/en/research/laboratories/6-laboratory-of-protein-structure-nowotny-laboratory#tab2
• Razew M, Warkocki S, Taube M, Kolondra A, Czarnocki-Cieciura M,1 Nowak E, Labedzka-Dmoch K, Kawinska A, Piatkowski J, Golik P, Kozak M, Dziembowski A, Nowotny M. Structural analysis of mtEXO mitochondrial RNA degradosome reveals tight coupling of nuclease and helicase components, Nat. Commun. 2018, 9(1):97
• Gaur V, Wyatt HDM, Komorowska W, Szczepanowski RH, de Sanctis D, Gorecka KM, West SC, Nowotny M, Structural and Mechanistic Analysis of the Slx1-Slx4 Endonuclease, Cell Reports 2015, pii: S2211-1247(15)00165-5
• Miętus M, Nowak E, Jaciuk M, Kustosz P, Studnicka J, Nowotny M. Crystal structure of the catalytic core of Rad2: insights into the mechanism of substrate binding. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014; 42(16):10762-75
• Nowak E, Miller JT, Bona MK, Studnicka J, Szczepanowski RH, Jurkowski J, Le Grice SFJ, Nowotny M. Ty3 reverse transcriptase complexed with an RNA-DNA hybrid shows structural and functional asymmetry. Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 2014; 21(4):389-96;
Key responsibilities include
The production of protein using different expression systems, purification of proteins, crystallization and structure determination by crystallography and/or cryo-EM. Biochemical studies of DNA repair proteins.
Profile of candidates/requirements:
1. PhD degree in biological sciences or related fields, obtained not earlier than in 2011
2. Solid knowledge and documented laboratory experience in at least one of the following disciplines: structural biology, molecular biology, biochemistry,
3. Very good command of English (oral and written)
4. Motivation and passion for experimental work
Interested candidates are kindly asked to provide short motivation letter, CV and the name of a referee by April 1st, 2018 .
Application should be submitted to email@example.com titled: postdoc_MAESTRO_LSB.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding further selection procedures.